January 28, 2010

KRUSH


After about six years of waiting, I finally, FINALLY got the chance to see DJ Krush live last night. This guy has been my favorite turntable-based musician for a bunch of years now. Needless to say, I absolutely geeked last night at Empty Bottle. He came to Chicago twice in 2006, but they were both 21+ shows, but I was only 19 and very, very sad. But good things come to those who wait, I suppose. And things were very, very good last night.

His set was composed of lots of his more upbeat tracks as well as some special gems sprinkled in. A few DJ Shadow tunes here and there, some Dan the Automator as well as some HEAVY Dubstep tracks. We even got a Billie Jean live remix! About a 3rd of the way through the set, Krush decided to drop the most leathel Dubstep tune my ears have heard. My roommate and I have decided to refer to this track as Megatron out of respect.

Seeing this man work his magic live is an experince like no other. Hearing his albums is really amazing, but witnessing him at work live is something totally different all together. I don't care where you live. If you have the opportunity to see this man do so without hesitation.
KRUSH!


No comments:

Post a Comment