December 6, 2009

FINALLY


Not only has this been one of the busiest weeks in my life, but it will also be one of the most memorable. This Friday, December 3rd, I picked up my ordered issue of a comic that I have been drooling over since childhood. Amazing Spider-Man #300! This comic Isn't worth 5,000 dollars or even 500 or anything insane like that. However, this comic houses the first appearance of Venom, who just happens to be my favorite character from any fiction media, thus making it priceless in my eyes. As silly as it sounds, owning this comic obviously means a whole lot to me.

I remember reading Spider-Man comics as a kid and always wondering which issue had the very first appearance of Venom. For any comic nerd, it's obvious that it didn't take very long at all to find out which book it actually was. Once I learned of its existence, I became fascinated with owning it. Over time my obsession with the character moved from one focused on his physical appearance and his representation by artists to a fascination with the dynamic of his character, a sick man bearing dual personalities being fueled by envy. Perfect! This is definitely one thing checked off my "Things To Do Before Dying" list. I know this all sounds super silly and nerdy, but what can I say. I love comics and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment