June 2, 2009

My Summer To Do List

So, my mom has always told me that the best way to stay on top of your stuff is to be organized. So, if I'm gonna be organized, I gotta organize my head first. Right? Right. This is a list of everything I hope to get accomplished this summer. Since I will have a lot of time on my hands, it will be good to complete some tasks/ goals that I've had on the back burner for some time. If you know me, then you know you've gotta take the geekiness in stride with the serious. This list is no different.

(This isn't listed according to priority. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.)

1. Build a glass display case for my models.

I've got a lot of Transformers, new and old, collecting dust along with all the other giant robots I have collected over the years. I wanted to just buy a display case, but they are way to expensive, and I'm supposed to be an artist, so why not make it myself?

2. Collect writings together and make something useful.

I've been writing off and on lately. A lot of babble about balance and how I have observed things during the course of my 21 years of living. I'm taking a visual, critical studies class this summer, so maybe the writings from that class will give my other writings more direction, or maybe they'll become one huge big writing!

3. Build a spray booth.

This is probably the most outrageous sounding thing on the list. Luckily for me its the easiest and cheapest. So, I love my new high rise apartment. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL, however, there is a slight problem. There's nowhere for me to spray paint all my models and stuff! Luckily while living in the dorm I had 24 hour access to the spray room. But those days are long gone, so it's time to fix that lil' issue.

4. Sell and make some 'real' art!

The pursuit of a career based on technology has taken its toll on the artistic side of my brain. It is my goal this semester to get back in touch with that lost part of myself that got me to where I am today. Drawing used to be an astronomically huge part of my life, and I miss it dearly. I feel that getting back in touch with my more immediate, creative side will do an enormous amount of good. Besides, making art via digital means is just too easy. You just click some shit and bingo, you got a whole project. It's time to invest some SERIOUS hours on this goal o' mine.

5. Be more active!!

This is the self-help part of my blog that you didn't know was coming! No I just need to go outside more. But, this will be ten times easier once I stop computering my soul away. I swear all these renders and animations have taken years off my life! They should put a warning label on animation before you start doing it.

6. Buy a lottery ticket!

Must do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment